Students going into 7th, 8th, or 9th grade that have participated in our program before will be able to apply to be a junior teacher and hold additional responsibilities during the day. All middle school aged students are welcome to participate in our summer camp where age appropriate activities are planned for them as well.
Those aged 14 years and older may inquire about volunteer opportunities.
Bright Ideas offers a discount for students participating in the Junior Teacher Program. Families wishing to have their student be a Junior Teacher may speak with Traci.
The minimal prerequisites for participating in this program include:
- Completed 6th grade
- Participated in a prior BILC summer
- Successfully completed an interview with Mrs. Fronk
- Demonstrate the BILC 3R’s consistently throughout their daily lives
- Willing to commit to responsibilities that enhance the programming and operations of Bright Ideas on a daily basis
- Willing to commit to responsibilities that challenge and enhance one’s own character and skill development on a daily basis
- A 20% discount will be offered to Junior Teachers during the Summer Day Camp and Half Day Summer Camp times.
- The discount does not apply to Before Care or After Care program times. This is because there is often limited opportunity and ability to consistently offer implementation of the Junior Teacher role during these times of day.
- The discount may be withdrawn if the student fails to uphold their role and responsibilities of a Junior Teacher as determined by Mr. or Mrs. Fronk. If the discount is withdrawn, the tuition difference will be charged to the family and payment is expected promptly.